Monday, November 21, 2011

Woke up today and something had changed.

Woke up today and something had changed.

Followed my breath to work, passing once-puddles that were shattered like car windows.

Walked quickly and lightly, as if having finally found my sea legs after weeks of semi-stumbling.

I thought clearly and openly, looked longer at each thought and thought "hmmm," but never drew any conclusions.

I thought of Moozimah who is fiending for that catgrass, knocking over dishes in the middle of the night in an attempt to climb an almost-storey to reach that new treat.

I drank two big cups of coffee after three weeks of having hardly any. I felt it course through my network of veins, felt it pull at my chest muscles and squeeze the air out of my lungs. I felt the rounded edges of my orb-like eyeballs twitch and shiver and I thought, I better eat some vegetables.

My brain hummed along, mostly quietly for eight hours.

I walked home, chasing my breath. No music now, just cold air coming into my brain and still the thoughts are moving along slowly. Like there is something in there that I should be looking at. Like the weather changed overnight and my brain must catch up. Like Moozimah knows a secret and whiskertickles me as I sleep saying with her eyes as she ruffles her mane, "look."

Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment